LiveStream Info-14th annual Christian Youth Summit
We are super excited to be in-person again for our 14th annual Christian Youth Summit this April 23-24. We will also be livestreaming the event on our YouTube page. Please click this link and SUBSCRIBE to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/StephenWilliamsPTW/featured
All the needed materials (program binder, speakers, notes, discussion questions, extra resources) for the event are provided in the SHOW MORE section under each LiveStream video session.
The Summit is at capacity and sold out… if some people don’t show up, we will be able to register a few people at the door Friday and Saturday.
FRIDAY, April 23
(5:45 PM) Doors Open – Check-In and Table Seating
(6:15) Welcome (Bryon Mengle, Master of Ceremonies) & Worship Music (Youth-Led Worship Band)
(7:00) General Session #1: Stephen Williams – What’s a Worldview and Why Should I Care?: Everyone has a worldview. The question is this…is it a good one or not? In this session, we’ll break down the components of a worldview and explore key questions everyone should be asking. In addition, we will overview a basic Biblical/Christian worldview.
(8:20) General Session #2: Sean McDowell – The Case for the New Testament: Sean presents the historical evidence for how accurately the New Testament has been preserved through history. Even though publicized opinions often claim there is reason for skepticism, recent findings actually strengthen the case for the reliability and trustworthiness of the Scriptures. Sean presents the three main lines of evidence from within the Bible, the transmission of ancient documents, and from archaeology outside the Bible.
SATURDAY, April 24
(9:00 AM) Welcome Back & Worship Music
(9:20) General Session #3: Sean McDowell – Chasing Love: Love that the world tells us to pursue is all about self, about following your heart’s desires. But what is the Christian worldview on love? When we follow Jesus, we realize that he invites us to reorient the focus of our lives, so instead of chasing love primarily for our own happiness, we are first and foremost to give love—to God and to others. In this session Sean will invite the audience into Jesus’ radical, upside-down approach to love, and in doing so, he’ll answer some of the toughest questions we’re asking about love today: How does Jesus speak to singleness? What does the gospel say about LGBTQ issues? How can you honor God with your body and soul?
(10:30) Breakout Sessions with 7 Different Talks to Choose From (at 10:30 a.m. & 2 p.m.):
– Sarah Williams, Ph.D., Science and Christianity – Understanding the Nature of the Conflict (morning only): In this talk, we will examine whether science and Christianity are in as much conflict as the culture often claims. We’ll also dig into the evolution debate and how we can respond as Christians.
– Rev. Stephen Williams, America at a Crossroads – Culture’s Distortion of U.S. History (afternoon only): Stephen explores the Christian heritage of the our nation and reveals how “woke” cancel culture is distorting our heritage with the intent to divide us.
– Jody Faison, M.Div., Christianity and Wokeness: Understanding the ideology and worldview of Critical Race Theory and Social Justice and their incompatibility with Biblical Christianity.
– Kent and Heather Wieber, The 5 Major Worldviews: An examination of the competing major worldviews in our society and how to discern the differences from a Christian worldview.
– Danny Looney, Hope: We all need hope. In a world and society that is so often hopeless, Danny reveals the amazing truth of God’s unchanging offer of hope.
– Bailey Bjorgan, The Warrior Within (Male Only): Living for God with strength and purity.
– Sheila Wills, ID (Female Only): The real you. Let’s work together to make some discoveries about ourselves.
(11:30) Lunch Provided
(12:35) General Session #4: Sean McDowell – Standing Strong for the Faith: What does it mean to stand strong as a Christian in our culture that is increasingly antagonistic to Christian beliefs? Sean shares some powerful insights from the life of Daniel that apply specifically to young people today in school, with their friends, and online.
(2:00) Breakout Sessions (See above)
(3:05) Closing and Prizes
(3:30) Conference Ends
For the past several years, we have offered this event for FREE in order to reach more students with the life-changing, faith-building messages delivered at the Summit. Please click here to donate and impact the faith of the next generation and to help us cover the many costs of putting on this event.
“I have NEVER been to a conference where I walked away with such great confidence that the kids I brought both gleaned truth and had fun. I have been to many many different conferences and youth events, some of them big name ones, some smaller; this was by far the most useful, spiritually uplifting youth event that I have ever been to. EVER!!!! No conference has ever (until now) provided to me or to the young kids that I minster to, the historical, scientific, logical reasons to believe in Christ. The kids I brought were blessed…” – Youth pastor
“The first year I attended the Summit in 8th grade I had no idea about the challenges I would face concerning my faith in the next four years as I entered high school…because of the Youth Summit I was prepared for challenges to my faith that came along. Having been going to the Youth Summit for the past four years, I am now more equipped than ever to stand firm in my faith as I enter into our world with a Christian worldview that has been built on a firm foundation…” – 16 year old
For more information about the yearly Christian Youth Summit, click here: www.ChristianYouthSummit.org