Equipping Christians to overcome key stumbling blocks in our culture and be ready to give a logical defense of the faith.
Speaker: Stephen Williams
19% of self-professing Christians have a Biblical worldview – The Barna Group
Questions We Will Explore Over the Course of Several Sessions:
Part 1: What’s the Problem
- Are Christians ready to give a logical defense of the Christian faith to non-believers?
- Why are over 50% of Christian youth walking away from their faith when they leave home?
- What are the key lies that contribute to this compromise and why is there a worldview crisis within the body of Christ?
Part 2: The Reliability of Scripture
- Why is the Bible the most reliable document of antiquity? (Bibliographic Evidence)
- How do we know it is historically and archaeologically accurate? (External Evidence for Christianity)
- Were the authors of the Bible eyewitnesses and were they detailed and accurate? (Internal Evidence)
- How can we respond to skeptics?
Part 3: Post-Modernism & Worldviews
- What is a worldview and why does it matter?
- What is post-modernism and how does it clash with reality, truth, and a biblical worldview?
- Why is a Christian worldview the most rational, reasonable, and logical?
- We give down to earth overviews of logic, reason, truth, cosmological, teleological, and moral arguments for God.
Part 4: Historical Revisionism
- How is our history being changed?
- Why is revisionist history causing an increase in hostility towards Christianity?
- How has the gospel influenced culture and history?
Part 5: Science and Christianity
- Are science and Christianity compatible?
- Why do atheists attempt to use “science” in attacking a Christian worldview?
- Why is Darwinian evolution a religion and how is this failed theory being used to undermine Christians. (We only quote high level evolutionists)
Part 6: Godly Sexuality
- How has today’s sex-saturated society impacted Christians?
- What have been the results and why is it critical for believers to remain pure?
Part 7: Influencing Culture
- Why is every Christian a leader?
- What would happen if the 60 million Bible-believing Christians in America decided to influence and impact the culture around them?
- How can Christians impact their spheres of influence in schools, workplaces, communities and social issues and who is God calling to be His hands and feet?
Part 8: Discipleship
- Why is being involved in discipleship so critical to every believer?